Re: [json] New JSON library

  • jonathan wallace
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21, 2010
      Oh, in order to get my library posted there, I've got to convert everything to wide strings for the full range of \u utf32 characters? Hmm, not sure if I'm willing to do that since most users use std::string, and C has no wide string support at all. Oh well.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 21, 2010
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, jonathan wallace <ninja9578@...> wrote:
        > Oh, in order to get my library posted there, I've got to convert everything to wide strings for the full range of \u utf32 characters? Hmm, not sure if I'm willing to do that since most users use std::string, and C has no wide string support at all. Oh well.

        UTF-8 is another option.
      • jonathan wallace
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 21, 2010
          UTF8 doesn't support all of the characters supported by \uXXXX, four characters mean UTF16. I do currently support UTF8, but that's only \u00XX.
          Anyway, since most users never use anything extended beyond UTF8, I am currently working on making full support an build option, which will automatically use wide characters and support full \u escaping. Should finish it up tomorrow.

          :)

          ________________________________
          > Oh, in order to get my library posted there, I've got to convert everything to wide strings for the full range of \u utf32 characters? Hmm, not sure if I'm willing to do that since most users use std::string, and C has no wide string support at all. Oh well.

          UTF-8 is another option.

        • Chip Morningstar
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 21, 2010
            That's just wrong. See, e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8

            Chip

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 22, 2010
              libJSON 4.0 now fully supports \u escaped sequences if built using unicode. I've added project targets for the library, test suite, and embedded test suites for these. Unicode builds now use wstring and wchar_t strings to be able to fit wide UTF8 characters, where regular builds still use string and chars as most users use them.

              I also made number parsing lazy for a slight speed boost. :)

              http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjson/

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 22, 2010
                --- In json@yahoogroups.com, jonathan wallace <ninja9578@...> wrote:

                > libJSON 4.0 now fully supports \u escaped sequences if built using unicode. I've added project targets for the library, test suite, and embedded test suites for these. Unicode builds now use wstring and wchar_t strings to be able to fit wide UTF8 characters, where regular builds still use string and chars as most users use them.
                >
                > I also made number parsing lazy for a slight speed boost. :)
                >
                > http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjson/

                Does it do the right thing with "\uD834\uDD1E"? See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt
              • jonathan wallace
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 22, 2010
                  > Does it do the right thing with "\uD834\uDD1E" ? See http://www.ietf org/rfc/rfc4627. txt

                  I thought that wasn't officially part of JSON? There is no mention of it on json.org. I was aware of that, but it left me confused, how would a parser know the difference between a surrogate pair and simply two utf8 characters following each other?

                  Obviously the E gives away that one, but U+64321 would be encoded as \uD950\uDF21.

                • jonathan wallace
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 5, 2010
                    libJSON now handles surrogate pairs correctly: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjson/
                    There is also now a makefile in the bundle for linux

                    ________________________________
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 11, 2010
                      JDX™ XPath 2.0 for XML, JSON and JsonML

                      https://www.p6r.com/software/jdx.html#