New JSON library

  • ninja
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 20, 2010
      Hi JSON group.

      I wrote this library a few months ago, but I recently made it fully JSON
      compatible. It's platform and language independent.

      http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjson/

      How do I add it to the list of json libraries on json.org? Let me know if you
      find any bugs in it.
    • John Cowan
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 21, 2010
        ninja scripsit:
        > Hi JSON group.
        >
        > I wrote this library a few months ago, but I recently made it fully JSON compatible. It's platform and language independent.

        I haven't looked at the code (which is in C++, for the benefit of other list readers),
        but according to the documentation, full support for \u escapes is lacking.

        > https://sourceforge.net/projects/libjson/
        >
        > How do I add it to the list of json libraries on json.org? Let me know if you find any bugs in it.

        While staying with the Asonu, I met a man from John Cowan
        the Candensian plane, which is very much like cowan@...
        ours, only more of it consists of Toronto. http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
        --Ursula K. Le Guin, Changing Planes
      • jonathan wallace
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 21, 2010
          Oh, in order to get my library posted there, I've got to convert everything to wide strings for the full range of \u utf32 characters? Hmm, not sure if I'm willing to do that since most users use std::string, and C has no wide string support at all. Oh well.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 21, 2010
            --- In json@yahoogroups.com, jonathan wallace <ninja9578@...> wrote:
            > Oh, in order to get my library posted there, I've got to convert everything to wide strings for the full range of \u utf32 characters? Hmm, not sure if I'm willing to do that since most users use std::string, and C has no wide string support at all. Oh well.

            UTF-8 is another option.
          • jonathan wallace
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 21, 2010
              UTF8 doesn't support all of the characters supported by \uXXXX, four characters mean UTF16. I do currently support UTF8, but that's only \u00XX.
              Anyway, since most users never use anything extended beyond UTF8, I am currently working on making full support an build option, which will automatically use wide characters and support full \u escaping. Should finish it up tomorrow.

              :)

              ________________________________
              > Oh, in order to get my library posted there, I've got to convert everything to wide strings for the full range of \u utf32 characters? Hmm, not sure if I'm willing to do that since most users use std::string, and C has no wide string support at all. Oh well.

              UTF-8 is another option.

            • Chip Morningstar
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 21, 2010
                That's just wrong. See, e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8

                Chip

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 22, 2010
                  libJSON 4.0 now fully supports \u escaped sequences if built using unicode. I've added project targets for the library, test suite, and embedded test suites for these. Unicode builds now use wstring and wchar_t strings to be able to fit wide UTF8 characters, where regular builds still use string and chars as most users use them.

                  I also made number parsing lazy for a slight speed boost. :)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 22, 2010
                    --- In json@yahoogroups.com, jonathan wallace <ninja9578@...> wrote:

                    > libJSON 4.0 now fully supports \u escaped sequences if built using unicode. I've added project targets for the library, test suite, and embedded test suites for these. Unicode builds now use wstring and wchar_t strings to be able to fit wide UTF8 characters, where regular builds still use string and chars as most users use them.
                    >
                    > I also made number parsing lazy for a slight speed boost. :)
                    >
                    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjson/

                    Does it do the right thing with "\uD834\uDD1E"? See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt
                  • jonathan wallace
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 22, 2010
                      > Does it do the right thing with "\uD834\uDD1E" ? See http://www.ietf org/rfc/rfc4627. txt

                      I thought that wasn't officially part of JSON? There is no mention of it on json.org. I was aware of that, but it left me confused, how would a parser know the difference between a surrogate pair and simply two utf8 characters following each other?

                      Obviously the E gives away that one, but U+64321 would be encoded as \uD950\uDF21.

                    • jonathan wallace
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 5 10:40 AM
                        libJSON now handles surrogate pairs correctly: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjson/
                        There is also now a makefile in the bundle for linux

                        ________________________________
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 11, 2010
                          JDX™ XPath 2.0 for XML, JSON and JsonML

                          https://www.p6r.com/software/jdx.html#