Feedback needed

  • Julien Verlaguet
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010
      Hi all,
      I wrote a json to json transformation tool. It's a command line tool that uses pattern-matching to write transformations.
      Example:

      jsonpat -p '{?"field1":x,y} -> {"new_field1":x,y}'

      Renames the field1 into "new_field1".
      There are quite a few constructions to extract and/or manipulate json data.
      The tool can be found here:

      github.com/pika/jsonpat

      It's still under active development, I would like to have some feedback.

      Thanks for your time,

      Julien

    • John Cowan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010
        Julien Verlaguet scripsit:

        > There are quite a few constructions to extract and/or manipulate
        > json data.

        You really need to write them down on your wiki page, even if just
        briefly. (I assume your current wiki page shows just a few of them.)
        People can't be trying to decipher what the different possibilities are
        from the OCaml source.

        --
        John Cowan cowan@... http://ccil.org/~cowan
        The known is finite, the unknown infinite; intellectually we stand
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010
          > You really need to write them down on your wiki page, even if just
          > briefly. (I assume your current wiki page shows just a few of them.)
          > People can't be trying to decipher what the different possibilities are
          > from the OCaml source.

          Good point, thanks. I tried to give all the ones which I use on an everyday basis. I didn't put all of the ones I consider as "experimental" and subject to changes or removal.
          Another approach would be a BNF generated from the parser.

          However, thanks for your comment.

          Julien
        • John Cowan
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2010
            julienverlaguet scripsit:

            > Another approach would be a BNF generated from the parser.

            That would be very useful, with maybe a one-line comment for each.

            --
            De plichten van een docent zijn divers, John Cowan
            die van het gehoor ook. cowan@...