Re: [json] Java with JSON

  • Arthur Blake
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2010
      I would recommend the one written by the master himself...

      http://www.json.org/java/index.html

      <http://www.json.org/java/index.html>It's not perfect-- but more than
      adequate and satisfies all your requirements.

      On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Fredag_d13 <jonas@...> wrote:

      > Hi JSON fans
      >
      > I'm currently creating a project where I need a JSON parser in Java.
      > There's no lack of Java JSON-parsers at json.org, in fact there's 18
      > different implementations available. Rather than browse through the entire
      > source-code of these projects, I ask you to recommend an implementation that
      > suit my needs.
      >
      > My needs are the following:
      > - open source (not GPL)
      > - complete (no subset of JSON)
      > - correctness in parsing (well-tested)
      > - few files (less than 50 - it's not brain surgery)
      >
      > I would prefer that:
      > - It's easy to navigate in the resulting AST. E.g. obj.get('a.b[2]')
      > - It's Java 1.4.2 compatible (but I can edit the source if it's Java 5+)
      >
      > Dont cares about:
      > - Speed
      > - Encoding capabilities
      >
      > I hope you will tell me about pros and cons in your favourite JSON (Java)
      > API.
      >
      > /Jonas
      >
      > BTW: I would be great if there was some sort of a comparison sheet
      > available on json.org or here.

    • Jonas Krogsbøll
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        Thank you for your response.

        That might be my choice. All though navigation cannot be done with path
        arguments, I can implement that myself.

        On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Arthur Blake <arthur.blake@...>wrote:

        > I would recommend the one written by the master himself...
        >
        > http://www.json.org/java/index.html
        >
        > <http://www.json.org/java/index.html>It's not perfect-- but more than
        > adequate and satisfies all your requirements.
        >
        > On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Fredag_d13 <jonas@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Hi JSON fans
        > >
        > > I'm currently creating a project where I need a JSON parser in Java.
        > > There's no lack of Java JSON-parsers at json.org, in fact there's 18
        > > different implementations available. Rather than browse through the
        > entire
        > > source-code of these projects, I ask you to recommend an implementation
        > that
        > > suit my needs.
        > >
        > > My needs are the following:
        > > - open source (not GPL)
        > > - complete (no subset of JSON)
        > > - correctness in parsing (well-tested)
        > > - few files (less than 50 - it's not brain surgery)
        > >
        > > I would prefer that:
        > > - It's easy to navigate in the resulting AST. E.g. obj.get('a.b[2]')
        > > - It's Java 1.4.2 compatible (but I can edit the source if it's Java 5+)
        > >
        > > Dont cares about:
        > > - Speed
        > > - Encoding capabilities
        > >
        > > I hope you will tell me about pros and cons in your favourite JSON (Java)
        > > API.
        > >
        > > /Jonas
        > >
        > > BTW: I would be great if there was some sort of a comparison sheet
        > > available on json.org or here.

        Jonas Krogsbøll
        Tlf: 28 84 10 26

      • Jonas Krogsbøll
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
          Having looked at some implementations - Jackson (
          http://jackson.codehaus.org/) would suit my needs much better.
          Also FlexJSON looks interesting - will have to do some testing to see which
          one I prefer.

          --
          Jonas Krogsbøll
          Tlf: 28 84 10 26