JSON API versus WebDAV API for HTTPS server

  • Wilfred Nilsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2005
      WebDAV is an accepted standard for implementing web-folders, but the
      WebDAV specification is very complex and requires an XML parser with
      namespace support. We have instead taken a simpler approach and
      implemented a JSON API for listing directory content. Uploading and
      downloading files are implemented using standard HTTP PUT and GET --
      i.e. does not require a JSON API.

      We have put together a few python scripts that use this API for
      working with the remote repository. One could also easily implement a
      DHTML interface that can take advantage of this API for services such
      as online photo albums, searching the remote repository for files etc.

      The server can be downloaded here:
      http://barracudaserver.com/examples/BarracudaDrive/

      The JSON API is documented here:
      http://barracudaserver.com/examples/BarracudaDrive/CommandLine.html