Re: Convert String - JSON

  • Fredag_d13
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2009
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "rubao" <diegorrborges@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I am developing an application with GIS and a hand me the server returns a string containing a JSON object. I need to go through this object to separate the fields, what happens is that he came in the form of String. How can you convert this String in JSON, I tried this way and it did not work:
      >
      > # JSONArray ja = new JSONArray (objetos.toString ()); / / objects is my json array

      If your server string contains a json-object then parse it to an object, if its a json-array then parse it into an array. Pick a JSON-implementation at www.json.org to do the work. If the implementation does not allow json-arrays to be parsed directly, then wrap the array into a dummy object, ie.: "{ \"dummy\": "+server_string+"}"
    • Diego Roberto
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2009
        Thank you for your attention.
        Reading the documentation could utilizare "eval" that solved my problem.

        Thank you.

        2009/9/17 Fredag_d13 <jonas@...>

        > --- In json@yahoogroups.com <json%40yahoogroups.com>, "rubao"
        > <diegorrborges@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi, I am developing an application with GIS and a hand me the server
        > returns a string containing a JSON object. I need to go through this object
        > to separate the fields, what happens is that he came in the form of String.
        > How can you convert this String in JSON, I tried this way and it did not
        > work:
        > >
        > > # JSONArray ja = new JSONArray (objetos.toString ()); / / objects is my
        > json array
        > >

        > If your server string contains a json-object then parse it to an object, if
        > its a json-array then parse it into an array. Pick a JSON-implementation at
        > www.json.org to do the work. If the implementation does not allow
        > json-arrays to be parsed directly, then wrap the array into a dummy object,
        > ie.: "{ \"dummy\": "+server_string+"}"

        Diego Roberto
        (62) 9619-0902
        "Corra atrás dos seus sonhos... Eles são a única coisa que te acompanham até
        quando vc está dormindo!!!"