Re: json.com down

  • douglascrockford
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2009
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "ricjohnsoniii" <RicJohnsonIII@...> wrote:

      > Just wanted to say that the json.com website is down. We will try to get it back up ASAP.
      > Please note: We consider this a CRIMINAL ACT by the hosting company since it was done intentionally without notice and no chance to backup any files. If anyone knows a good lawyer in CA, I would appreciate a referral.

      For what it's worth, json.org is hosted at 1&1.
      I've been happy with them.

      http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=10219574
    • Crzy4c
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2009
        Ok that just sucks... But as far as "backing up content" have you tried to
        search out the json.com pages on google and then retrieve the cache'd pages
        from there (e.g. www.json.com home page ->
        http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:HcdW6MR3bI0J:json.com/+www.json.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
        ).
        You might at least be able to get back SOME of your content.

        Hope this helps.