Itemscript - a simple declarative language for JSON data

  • vivual
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2009
      Hello

      I've just joined this group and want to let you know about itemscript.

      Itemscript describes applications, components, events and data in an open, standard language, built on JSON, that's independent of the details of any particular implementation. Any component can be swapped out for an independent reimplementation. All the protocols and APIs are documented; we aim for zero lock-in.

      Itemscript Schema

      Itemscript Schema is a draft specification for a simple schema language for JSON. The goal is to be useful for any kind of JSON application as well as for Itemscript applications.

      Itemscript JAM (JSON Application Markup)

      JSON Application Markup allows for rapid, declarative provisioning of web applications.

      Here's some background on what we have in mind:
      a reviewers guide http://itemscript.org/press/
      an faq http://code.google.com/p/itemscript/wiki/itemscriptfaq

      You can learn more about itemscript at http://itemscript.org and you can download source from there. The current build is alpha code that shows how the declarative provisioning works.

      We're building a model client (the Item Lens) that's a GWT implementation and a server (the Item Store) built on Apache Derby.

      Our implementation is in Java. We're looking to work with interested developers to port our work to other languages. We're publishing this under the new BSD license.

      We like JSON.

      Bill Braasch
      bill@...