Re: Simple Remoting Java Framework is Alive

  • serhat.dirik
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2009

      > How does this compare with DWR?

      Hi Martin,

      I don't know DWR in depth but I can say that the main difference is DWR is focused on AJAX, but SR mainly focuses on services and SOA. SR is not only targeting browsers, but java and other rich clients as well. Their intentions are different.

      SR focuses on :

      * Converting server side object to services
      * Service registry & service registry query
      * Managing server side objects life cycle
      * Services security
      * Message filtering mechanisms
      * End-point implementations (currently only http is available, jms is planned as target)
      * Messaging format (like SOAP)

      Thanks.