Re: [json] Re: Why we have to waist our time for Date parsing?

  • John Cowan
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 7, 2009
      Andrea Giammarchi scripsit:

      > Open minded, uh?

      JSON is about as likely to change as ASCII, RS-232, or the Unix "cal"
      program.

      --
      John Cowan cowan@... http://ccil.org/~cowan
      No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 12, 2009
        On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Andrea Giammarchi <
        andrea.giammarchi@...> wrote:

        > I have created dunno how many JSON open source parsers but json2.js is
        > apparently frequently updated and being the "unofficial" standard adopted
        > by
        > most recent browsers tell me why "we", as developers, should put effort for
        > something that is already defined elsewhere where posts like "please
        > consider this feature" are not considered at all (neither welcome)

        I think you just answered your own question. The reason you, or I, or
        someone else, would create a project on, say, Google Code, for a new JSON
        implementation is precisely so that posts like "please consider this
        feature" *are* considered.

        As for creating a project separate, and different, from the "unofficial"
        standard, there are numerous cases of open source alternatives to reference
        implementations, including cases in which the alternatives have become at
        least as widely used as the RIs themselves.