Re: [json] JSON to java

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
      On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM, dey_nibedita<dey_nibedita@...> wrote:
      > What is the best way to convert JSON value to java object so that it can be sent to server? It needs to be free / open source.

      Just to make sure: if you already have JSON content, why would you
      need to convert it to Java object?
      Couldn't you just send it as is?

      But assuming this makes sense, in addition to google-gson which was
      mentioned and can do this, some (not all) of libs listed at json.org
      can do data binding:

      * Jackson (http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonInFiveMinutes)
      * Json-tools (http://developer.berlios.de/projects/jsontools/)

      most other alternatives only provide either tree-based access, or
      mapping to 'simple' java types (List, Maps, Booleans, Numbers,
      Strings). Which are of course java objects, strictly speaking, but I
      assume you would want custom beans etc, sort "real" objects.

      -+ Tatu +-
    • Arthur Blake
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2009
        http://jabsorb.org is both a java<-->json codec and a full json-rpc
        framework. It is light, simple, mature, fast and awesome!... but of course
        I'm a little biased :)

        On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@...>wrote:

        > On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM, dey_nibedita<dey_nibedita@...<dey_nibedita%40yahoo.com>>
        > wrote:
        > > What is the best way to convert JSON value to java object so that it can
        > be sent to server? It needs to be free / open source.
        >
        > Just to make sure: if you already have JSON content, why would you
        > need to convert it to Java object?
        > Couldn't you just send it as is?
        >
        > But assuming this makes sense, in addition to google-gson which was
        > mentioned and can do this, some (not all) of libs listed at json.org
        > can do data binding:
        >
        > * Jackson (http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonInFiveMinutes)
        > * Json-tools (http://developer.berlios.de/projects/jsontools/)
        >
        > most other alternatives only provide either tree-based access, or
        > mapping to 'simple' java types (List, Maps, Booleans, Numbers,
        > Strings). Which are of course java objects, strictly speaking, but I
        > assume you would want custom beans etc, sort "real" objects.
        >
        > -+ Tatu +-

      • Claudio D'angelo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
          See JAJB (http://jajb.sourceforge.net/) too. Convert json to java using
          annotation and/or XML and/or dynamic binding.

          --
          __________________________________

          Claudio D'Angelo
          Programmatore
          Direzione Sviluppo Area di Staff Tecnologie

          Lombardia Informatica S.p.A.
          Via Don G. Minzoni, 24
          20158 Milano ITALY
          www.lispa.it

          Mail: claudio.dangelo@...
          Office: +39 02 39331 485
          Fax: +39 02 39331 250
          __________________________________

          Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e ogni documento o file ad
          esso allegato sono riservati e confidenziali. Il loro utilizzo è
          consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio o a diversa
          persona da questo autorizzata, per le finalità indicate nel messaggio
          medesimo. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona cui il presente messaggio è
          destinato, La invitiamo a eliminarlo dal Suo Sistema e a distruggere le
          varie copie o stampe, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Ogni utilizzo
          improprio è contrario ai principi del D.Lgs. 196/03 e alla legislazione
          europea (Direttiva 2002/58/CE). Lombardia Informatica S.p.A. opera in
          conformità al D.Lgs. 196/2003 citato. Per qualsiasi informazione a
          riguardo si prega di contattare la nostra Società al seguente indirizzo
          e-mail: info@...

          The information contained in this message, as well as any attached
          file(s), is private and confidential and is only intended for the person
          to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the
          intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
          the message to the intended recipient, or you have received this
          communication in error, please be aware that any dissemination,
          distribution or duplication is strictly prohibited, and may be illegal.
          Please notify us immediately and delete all copies from your mailbox and
          other archives. Thank you.
        • Tyler Close
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
            The Waterken Server <waterken.sf.net> includes a library for JSON <=>
            Java object conversion. There's also a simple wrapper class that
            facilitates using JSON configuration files, see:

            http://waterken.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/waterken/syntax/config/Config.html

            --Tyler