JSON to java

  • dey_nibedita
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
      What is the best way to convert JSON value to java object so that it can be sent to server? It needs to be free / open source.
    • Inderjeet Singh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
        Checkout Google Gson library (Apache license) that we authored:

        http://code.google.com/p/google-gson/

        There are other Java libraries linked at json.org as well.

        Inder

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 15, 2009
          On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM, dey_nibedita<dey_nibedita@...> wrote:
          > What is the best way to convert JSON value to java object so that it can be sent to server? It needs to be free / open source.

          Just to make sure: if you already have JSON content, why would you
          need to convert it to Java object?
          Couldn't you just send it as is?

          But assuming this makes sense, in addition to google-gson which was
          mentioned and can do this, some (not all) of libs listed at json.org
          can do data binding:

          * Jackson (http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonInFiveMinutes)
          * Json-tools (http://developer.berlios.de/projects/jsontools/)

          most other alternatives only provide either tree-based access, or
          mapping to 'simple' java types (List, Maps, Booleans, Numbers,
          Strings). Which are of course java objects, strictly speaking, but I
          assume you would want custom beans etc, sort "real" objects.

          -+ Tatu +-
        • Arthur Blake
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16, 2009
            http://jabsorb.org is both a java<-->json codec and a full json-rpc
            framework. It is light, simple, mature, fast and awesome!... but of course
            I'm a little biased :)

            On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@...>wrote:

            > On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM, dey_nibedita<dey_nibedita@...<dey_nibedita%40yahoo.com>>
            > wrote:
            > > What is the best way to convert JSON value to java object so that it can
            > be sent to server? It needs to be free / open source.
            >
            > Just to make sure: if you already have JSON content, why would you
            > need to convert it to Java object?
            > Couldn't you just send it as is?
            >
            > But assuming this makes sense, in addition to google-gson which was
            > mentioned and can do this, some (not all) of libs listed at json.org
            > can do data binding:
            >
            > * Jackson (http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonInFiveMinutes)
            > * Json-tools (http://developer.berlios.de/projects/jsontools/)
            >
            > most other alternatives only provide either tree-based access, or
            > mapping to 'simple' java types (List, Maps, Booleans, Numbers,
            > Strings). Which are of course java objects, strictly speaking, but I
            > assume you would want custom beans etc, sort "real" objects.
            >
            > -+ Tatu +-

          • Claudio D'angelo
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
              See JAJB (http://jajb.sourceforge.net/) too. Convert json to java using
              annotation and/or XML and/or dynamic binding.

              --
              __________________________________

              Claudio D'Angelo
              Programmatore
              Direzione Sviluppo Area di Staff Tecnologie

              Lombardia Informatica S.p.A.
              Via Don G. Minzoni, 24
              20158 Milano ITALY
              www.lispa.it

              Mail: claudio.dangelo@...
              Office: +39 02 39331 485
              Fax: +39 02 39331 250
              __________________________________

              Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e ogni documento o file ad
              esso allegato sono riservati e confidenziali. Il loro utilizzo è
              consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio o a diversa
              persona da questo autorizzata, per le finalità indicate nel messaggio
              medesimo. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona cui il presente messaggio è
              destinato, La invitiamo a eliminarlo dal Suo Sistema e a distruggere le
              varie copie o stampe, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Ogni utilizzo
              improprio è contrario ai principi del D.Lgs. 196/03 e alla legislazione
              europea (Direttiva 2002/58/CE). Lombardia Informatica S.p.A. opera in
              conformità al D.Lgs. 196/2003 citato. Per qualsiasi informazione a
              riguardo si prega di contattare la nostra Società al seguente indirizzo
              e-mail: info@...

              The information contained in this message, as well as any attached
              file(s), is private and confidential and is only intended for the person
              to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the
              intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
              the message to the intended recipient, or you have received this
              communication in error, please be aware that any dissemination,
              distribution or duplication is strictly prohibited, and may be illegal.
              Please notify us immediately and delete all copies from your mailbox and
              other archives. Thank you.
            • Tyler Close
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
                The Waterken Server <waterken.sf.net> includes a library for JSON <=>
                Java object conversion. There's also a simple wrapper class that
                facilitates using JSON configuration files, see:

                http://waterken.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/waterken/syntax/config/Config.html

                --Tyler