Re: [json] Re: Full ISO 8601 Date Parser Plus Unobtrusive toISOString

  • Andrea Giammarchi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5 11:51 PM
      The NaN case should be a constructor problem, no? To extend
      Date.prototype.toISOString = Date.ISO("2000").toISOString;

      On Jul 6, 2009 1:41 AM, "joel.finch@..." <joel@...> wrote:

      Personally, I think this would have to extend the Date prototype to be fully
      useful; like json2.js, its value is in allowing us to write script now using
      the correct future syntax of ECMAScript 5.

      Incidentally, your toISOString function doesn't have handling for the NaN
      case.

      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Andrea Giammarchi <andrea.giammarchi@...>
      wrote: > > Maybe this stuff...

    • Arthur Blake
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9 12:14 PM
        Shouldn't new Date(NaN) refer to a future date that is always just around
        the corner, yet never arrives?
        sorry... couldn't resist :)

        On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Andrea Giammarchi <
        andrea.giammarchi@...> wrote:

        > The NaN case should be a constructor problem, no? To extend
        > Date.prototype.toISOString = Date.ISO("2000").toISOString;
        >

        > On Jul 6, 2009 1:41 AM, "joel.finch@... <joel.finch%40ymail.com>" <
        > joel@... <joel%402am.com.au>> wrote:
        >
        > Personally, I think this would have to extend the Date prototype to be
        > fully
        > useful; like json2.js, its value is in allowing us to write script now
        > using
        > the correct future syntax of ECMAScript 5.
        >
        > Incidentally, your toISOString function doesn't have handling for the NaN
        > case.
        >
        > --- In json@yahoogroups.com <json%40yahoogroups.com>, Andrea Giammarchi
        > <andrea.giammarchi@...>
        > wrote: > > Maybe this stuff...

      • Andrea Giammarchi
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9 12:26 PM
          Uhm, I think new Date(NaN) should return a static historical date, new
          Date(Number.POSITIVE_INFINITY) 9999-12-31T23:59:59:999 and
          Number.NEGATIVE_INFINITY 0001-01-01T00:00:00.001 :D

          Jokes a part, if interested, I have implemented a full(?) ECMAScript Date
          constructor in vice-versa, but since vice-versa is based on stand-alone
          modules/files, here I am with the code:

          http://vice-versa.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/Date.js

          toISOString is a prototype, and new Date accept ISO 8601 strings.

          Regards