JSON being used for Amazon Web Services new access policy language

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2009
      I thought this is interesting; as per these entries:

      http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSSimpleQueueService/2009-02-01/SQSDeveloperGuide/index.html?AccessPolicyLanguage.html
      http://cloudsecurity.org/2009/04/09/amazon-aws-introduces-new-access-policy-language-sqs-today/

      it looks like Amazon is defining its new access policy language (to be
      used for most/all AWS services, and starting with the Simple Queue
      Service, if I understand this correctly) to be based on JSON.
      Neat.

      -+ Tatu +-
    • Mark Ireland
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2009
        Is there some advantage to using

        "Action": ["SQS:SendMessage","SQS:ReceiveMessage"],

        that I cant see?

        Can I see an example of code getting keys and values from this (that shows why it is a good structure)?

        Thanks

        To: json@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2009
          On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Mark Ireland <markincuba@...> wrote:

          > Is there some advantage to using
          >
          > "Action": ["SQS:SendMessage","SQS:ReceiveMessage"],
          >
          > that I cant see?
          >
          > Can I see an example of code getting keys and values from this (that shows why it is a good structure)?

          That would be a question to ask Amazon Web Services developers...
          it may have something to do with their existing systems and formats
          (many xml based).

          But at low level that's just a field with array value, and access
          style depends on json library in use.