Re: [json] JSON Query discussion group

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
      Hi Kris! I think this is a good group to have. :)

      One quick question: I was wondering about naming of the effort.

      To me, "Path" and "Query" imply somewhat different (but overlapping)
      feature sets:

      * Path leaning towards traversal and selection of nodes, similar to
      XPath, JsonPath
      * Query seems more oriented towards aggregate operations (SQL, XQuery, Jaql)

      Others may have different connotations with these terms.

      But given the description of goals, it seems to me that the effort
      would be more geared for defining a Path language, and not Query
      language.

      Am I totally off here? I just wonder if naming might lead people to
      read too much into the effort; even if actual goals are clearly
      listed.