Re: [json] Re: Jackson home page moved to [http://jackson.codehaus.org]

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2009
      On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Douglas Crockford
      <douglas@...> wrote:
      > --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Doug, I realized that I hadn't sent you note about Jackson json
      >> processor moving to Codehaus.
      >> Could you update the link at json.org to point to:
      >>
      >> http://jackson.codehaus.org
      >
      > Updated. Thanks.

      Thank you.

      >> Also: on a related note, would it make sense to start
      >> classifying/grouping projects more on that page? Or adding some
      >
      > Would you like to propose something?
      >
      > The Python community was able to converge on a single library. The
      > Java community has not yet, as far as I can tell, shown any intention
      > to converge.

      I think convergence will happen via sort of natural selection over
      time... although it might not be bad to have one or more APIs similar
      to SAX/Stax. So for now it's ok to let all flowers bloom. :)

      My suggestion would be more modest: to try to indicate what kind of
      things libs are capable of, to help users more easily find what they
      are looking for.
      This is partly due to high number of json processing tools available
      on java platform.