Jackson home page moved to [http://jackson.codehaus.org]

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2009
      Doug, I realized that I hadn't sent you note about Jackson json
      processor moving to Codehaus.
      Could you update the link at json.org to point to:

      http://jackson.codehaus.org

      (the old page is still there and will redirect, so it's not a huge
      deal, but eventually it'll move over completely)

      Also: on a related note, would it make sense to start
      classifying/grouping projects more on that page? Or adding some
      tagging to indicate rough functionality. Right now level of json
      functionality for Java libs varies a lot, for example: some libraries
      are for xml processing but also expose interoperability functionality
      for json; whereas others are json parsers, data binding packages and
      so on.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2009
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@...> wrote:

        > Doug, I realized that I hadn't sent you note about Jackson json
        > processor moving to Codehaus.
        > Could you update the link at json.org to point to:
        >
        > http://jackson.codehaus.org

        Updated. Thanks.

        > Also: on a related note, would it make sense to start
        > classifying/grouping projects more on that page? Or adding some
        > tagging to indicate rough functionality. Right now level of json
        > functionality for Java libs varies a lot, for example: some libraries
        > are for xml processing but also expose interoperability functionality
        > for json; whereas others are json parsers, data binding packages and
        > so on.

        Would you like to propose something?

        The Python community was able to converge on a single library. The
        Java community has not yet, as far as I can tell, shown any intention
        to converge.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2009
          On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Douglas Crockford
          <douglas@...> wrote:
          > --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Doug, I realized that I hadn't sent you note about Jackson json
          >> processor moving to Codehaus.
          >> Could you update the link at json.org to point to:
          >>
          >> http://jackson.codehaus.org
          >
          > Updated. Thanks.

          Thank you.

          >> Also: on a related note, would it make sense to start
          >> classifying/grouping projects more on that page? Or adding some
          >
          > Would you like to propose something?
          >
          > The Python community was able to converge on a single library. The
          > Java community has not yet, as far as I can tell, shown any intention
          > to converge.

          I think convergence will happen via sort of natural selection over
          time... although it might not be bad to have one or more APIs similar
          to SAX/Stax. So for now it's ok to let all flowers bloom. :)

          My suggestion would be more modest: to try to indicate what kind of
          things libs are capable of, to help users more easily find what they
          are looking for.
          This is partly due to high number of json processing tools available
          on java platform.