Re: [json] New homepage for JSON.simple

  • Fang Yidong
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2009
      It will be great if you can add JSON.simple (latest version 1.0.2) in your test suite and let me know the results.

      I'll publish the testing source codes and results if appropriate, later.

      Thanks.

      --
      JSON: Action in AJAX!

      JSON - http://www.json.org
      JSON.simple - http://code.google.com/p/json-simple/

      ---

      On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Fang Yidong <fangyidong@yahoo. com.cn> wrote:
      > It's base on some internal testing and testing of an independent author in some complex scenarios.
      >
      > The result show that the encoding of JSON.simple is as fast as Douglas's implementation. The decoding is close to Douglas's implementation and faster than some of the implementations, but slower than one or two of them.
      >
      > The testing may not cover all scenarios and may not be completely fair, but provides some basic information.
      >
      > Hope there will be a public third party testing.

      Thank you for quick answer! Would it be maybe possible to publish
      results of these internal tests? And/or maybe just cut'n paste your
      explanation -- it helps a lot in understanding what has been measured.
      For what it's worth, json.org's reference implementation is not among
      the fastest parsers, but I guess it is a reasonable baseline to
      compare against.

      I can probably help with testing, too, since I do have a test suite I
      have used previously (but not with json.simple since I didn't know of
      its existence).