Re: [json] New homepage for JSON.simple

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2009
      2009/1/6 Fang Yidong <fangyidong@...>:

      > http://code.google.com/p/json-simple/

      Quick question: home page suggests that one benefit of the library is
      high performance. How is this determined, i.e. how has it been tested,
      and against which libraries? For Java there are at least half a dozen
      alternatives parsers, so it should be easy to find things to benchmark
      against, I just didn't see a link that shows the details of testing
      done.

      -+ Tatu +-
    • Fang Yidong
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2009
        It's base on some internal testing and  testing of an independent author in some complex scenarios.

        The result show that the encoding of JSON.simple is as fast as Douglas's implementation. The decoding is close to Douglas's implementation and faster than some of the implementations, but slower than one or two of them.

        The testing may not cover all scenarios and may not be completely fair, but provides some basic information.

        Hope there will be a public third party testing.

        --

        JSON: Action in AJAX!

        JSON - http://www.json.org

        JSON.simple - http://code.google.com/p/json-simple/

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2009
          On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Fang Yidong <fangyidong@...> wrote:
          > It's base on some internal testing and testing of an independent author in some complex scenarios.
          >
          > The result show that the encoding of JSON.simple is as fast as Douglas's implementation. The decoding is close to Douglas's implementation and faster than some of the implementations, but slower than one or two of them.
          >
          > The testing may not cover all scenarios and may not be completely fair, but provides some basic information.
          >
          > Hope there will be a public third party testing.

          Thank you for quick answer! Would it be maybe possible to publish
          results of these internal tests? And/or maybe just cut'n paste your
          explanation -- it helps a lot in understanding what has been measured.
          For what it's worth, json.org's reference implementation is not among
          the fastest parsers, but I guess it is a reasonable baseline to
          compare against.

          I can probably help with testing, too, since I do have a test suite I
          have used previously (but not with json.simple since I didn't know of
          its existence).

          -+ Tatu +-
        • Fang Yidong
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 10, 2009
            It will be great if you can add JSON.simple (latest version 1.0.2) in your test suite and let me know the results.

            I'll publish the testing source codes and results if appropriate, later.

            Thanks.

            --
            JSON: Action in AJAX!

            JSON - http://www.json.org