New homepage for JSON.simple

  • Fang Yidong
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2009
      http://code.google.com/p/json-simple/

      --
      JSON: Action in AJAX!

      JSON - http://www.json.org
      JSON.simple - http://code.google.com/p/json-simple/

      好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
      http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2009
        2009/1/6 Fang Yidong <fangyidong@...>:

        > http://code.google.com/p/json-simple/

        Quick question: home page suggests that one benefit of the library is
        high performance. How is this determined, i.e. how has it been tested,
        and against which libraries? For Java there are at least half a dozen
        alternatives parsers, so it should be easy to find things to benchmark
        against, I just didn't see a link that shows the details of testing
        done.

        -+ Tatu +-
      • Fang Yidong
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2009
          It's base on some internal testing and  testing of an independent author in some complex scenarios.

          The result show that the encoding of JSON.simple is as fast as Douglas's implementation. The decoding is close to Douglas's implementation and faster than some of the implementations, but slower than one or two of them.

          The testing may not cover all scenarios and may not be completely fair, but provides some basic information.

          Hope there will be a public third party testing.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2009
            On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Fang Yidong <fangyidong@...> wrote:
            > It's base on some internal testing and testing of an independent author in some complex scenarios.
            >
            > The result show that the encoding of JSON.simple is as fast as Douglas's implementation. The decoding is close to Douglas's implementation and faster than some of the implementations, but slower than one or two of them.
            >
            > The testing may not cover all scenarios and may not be completely fair, but provides some basic information.
            >
            > Hope there will be a public third party testing.

            Thank you for quick answer! Would it be maybe possible to publish
            results of these internal tests? And/or maybe just cut'n paste your
            explanation -- it helps a lot in understanding what has been measured.
            For what it's worth, json.org's reference implementation is not among
            the fastest parsers, but I guess it is a reasonable baseline to
            compare against.

            I can probably help with testing, too, since I do have a test suite I
            have used previously (but not with json.simple since I didn't know of
            its existence).

            -+ Tatu +-
          • Fang Yidong
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 10, 2009
              It will be great if you can add JSON.simple (latest version 1.0.2) in your test suite and let me know the results.

              I'll publish the testing source codes and results if appropriate, later.

              Thanks.

              --
              JSON: Action in AJAX!

              JSON - http://www.json.org