Re: [json] Fwd: ES3.1 Draft: 07 Nov 2008 "Kona" version available

  • John Cowan
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2008
      Mark S. Miller scripsit:

      > If you see any significant issues with the Kona version that need fixing,
      > please give us your feedback now, or post to the es*-discuss lists.

      Two versions are given, PDF and DOC. Only the PDF is useful to me
      because of the revision marks in the margin. But it's full of red print,
      which is damnably hard to read. When I printed it on a b/w printer, it
      became dim gray, which combined with the font was even harder to read,
      if possible. Please print a true b/w PDF version, and have mercy on
      these 50-year-old eyes.

      --
      John Cowan cowan@... http://ccil.org/~cowan
      If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
        Mark S. Miller scripsit:

        > If you see any significant issues with the Kona version that need fixing,
        > please give us your feedback now, or post to the es*-discuss lists. After
        > the Nov 19/20 meeting, we are hoping to change only typos, bugs, and
        > problems revealed by implementation efforts.

        Postfix ++ and -- are defined identically the same way as prefix --
        and ++; they all are said to return the incremented (decremented) value.

        Since it is said that multiplication is not associative, the use of the
        YACC-style left-recursive syntax rule implies that it is left-associative,
        but it would be as well to say so. And is the same not true of addition?

        References to Unicode 2.0 (there's one at the end of 11.9.3, and may be
        others) should be updated.

        --
        John Cowan cowan@...
        "You need a change: try Canada" "You need a change: try China"