json2.js

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
      I modified json2.js slightly to coexist more easily with native JSON
      libraries.

      http://www.JSON.org/json2.js
    • Lucas Smith
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
        Doug,

        Can you elaborate on the changes? Do you maintain the source in a
        VCS, or is it the responsibility of consumers to store copies locally
        to see diffs?

        Luke

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Lucas Smith <lsmith@...> wrote:
          > Can you elaborate on the changes?

          A JSON object is created if one doesn't exist.

          If the object does not have a stringify method, one is added.

          If the object does not have a parse method, one is added.
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 19, 2008
            I changed the stringify method's array test from

            if (typeof value.length === 'number' &&
            !value.propertyIsEnumerable('length')) {

            to the more reliable Miller device

            if (Object.prototype.toString.apply(value) === '[object Array]') {

            See http://blog.360.yahoo.com/douglascrockford?p=916
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 18, 2010
              json2.js is now available on Github.

              https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSON-js