ECMAScript

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2008
      TC39, the ECMA technical committee responsible for maintenance of the
      ECMAScript Programming Language Standard has just completed its
      meeting in Oslo. It looks likely that native JSON support will be in
      the next edition of the standard which will likely be approved next year.

      It will conform to the implementation of http://www.JSON.org/json2.js.
      Microsoft has already announced that they will ship compatible support
      in JScript in IE8. It is likely that the other browsers will also
      provide it.

      json2 provides a global object with two methods:

      JSON.stringify(value, replacer, indent)

      JSON.parse(text, reviver)
    • Kris Zyp
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 25, 2008
        > TC39, the ECMA technical committee responsible for maintenance of the
        > ECMAScript Programming Language Standard has just completed its
        > meeting in Oslo. It looks likely that native JSON support will be in
        > the next edition of the standard which will likely be approved next year.

        ES3.1 or ES4 (or both)?
        Kris

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 25, 2008
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Zyp" <kriszyp@...> wrote:

          > > TC39, the ECMA technical committee responsible for maintenance of the
          > > ECMAScript Programming Language Standard has just completed its
          > > meeting in Oslo. It looks likely that native JSON support will be in
          > > the next edition of the standard which will likely be approved
          next year.

          > ES3.1 or ES4 (or both)?

          The designations have not been finalized yet. It is likely to be in
          the next edition and all future editions.
        • Ric Johnson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 25, 2008
            Doug,

            This is a great vindication of your hard work! As a developer, I
            thank you for introducing JSON to us and driving though all the discovery.

            Ric