JSON and sorted Data

  • Navneet Kumar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2008
      JSON does not preserve the data sorting.
      I fetched the sorted data from DB and put in json object to be shown
      in a list box. The sorting order is not preserved because JSONObject
      internally uses a HashMap which does not guarantee the sorting order
      on iteration.

      Can there be an implementation that uses LinkedHashMap which will
      preserve the sorting order.

      I thought of extending the JSONObject but since myHashMap is private
      this would not do. Also if the myHashMap is a Map interface the we can
      use the internal storage object of any Map implementation.
    • Mark Ireland
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2008
        Could we have a string key and sort the keys before looping over the object?

        To: json@yahoogroups.com