Re: [json] Re: JSON Conference

  • Matthew Morley
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
      Anything non-east coast mostly kills it for me, especially with the on going
      issues of air travel. But I know I'm in the minority here.

      Hopefully if something comes about, it'll be recorded and put online for
      those who cannot make it. : )

      --
      Matthew P. C. Morley

      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
        I am thinking that we should invite presenters for these tracks:

        * Ajax Applications

        * Enterprise JSON

        * JSON Databases

        * Super JSON (formats and protocols that build on or diverge from JSON)

        * JSON and The Big Picture (Historical and Larger Technological Context)

        Should we plan on other categories?
      • Kris Zyp
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
          These look like good topics to me, but just some thoughts: Maybe "JSON on the web", to cover issues more specific to the JSON in the browser environment like security, (de-)serialization, and the ease of use of JSON in JS...

          Also maybe more descriptive, and less superlative: "Super JSON" -> "JSON-based formats and protocols"

          Kris

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 12, 2008
            I enjoyed the superlative. Why stuffy things up? The world is far
            too stuffy as it is.

          • rkmr.em@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
              what happened to this conference?
              was this held?

              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "rkmr.em@..." <rkmr.em@...> wrote:

                > what happened to this conference?
                > was this held?

                It is still in the planning stage.
              • Ric Johnson
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 3, 2008
                  Doug,

                  If you are looking for help or sponsors, please feel free to contact
                  me. As you know, I am VERY interested in supporting jsON. If you are
                  looking for technical, then I would ask you contact Kris Zyp, as he is
                  the real expert on http://jsOn.Com

                  Ric
                  OpenDomain