Re: [json] Re: JSON Conference

  • Ask Bjørn Hansen
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
      On Jul 8, 2008, at 10:37, Douglas Crockford wrote:

      > So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
      > who will attend?

      It really depends on more details of what sort of talks will be there.

      JSON itself is boring. Novel ways to use it are interesting.

      - ask

    • Matthew Morley
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
        Anything non-east coast mostly kills it for me, especially with the on going
        issues of air travel. But I know I'm in the minority here.

        Hopefully if something comes about, it'll be recorded and put online for
        those who cannot make it. : )

        --
        Matthew P. C. Morley

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
          I am thinking that we should invite presenters for these tracks:

          * Ajax Applications

          * Enterprise JSON

          * JSON Databases

          * Super JSON (formats and protocols that build on or diverge from JSON)

          * JSON and The Big Picture (Historical and Larger Technological Context)

          Should we plan on other categories?
        • Kris Zyp
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
            These look like good topics to me, but just some thoughts: Maybe "JSON on the web", to cover issues more specific to the JSON in the browser environment like security, (de-)serialization, and the ease of use of JSON in JS...

            Also maybe more descriptive, and less superlative: "Super JSON" -> "JSON-based formats and protocols"

            Kris

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 12, 2008
              I enjoyed the superlative. Why stuffy things up? The world is far
              too stuffy as it is.

            • rkmr.em@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                what happened to this conference?
                was this held?

                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                  --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "rkmr.em@..." <rkmr.em@...> wrote:

                  > what happened to this conference?
                  > was this held?

                  It is still in the planning stage.
                • Ric Johnson
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 3, 2008
                    Doug,

                    If you are looking for help or sponsors, please feel free to contact
                    me. As you know, I am VERY interested in supporting jsON. If you are
                    looking for technical, then I would ask you contact Kris Zyp, as he is
                    the real expert on http://jsOn.Com

                    Ric
                    OpenDomain