Re: JSON Conference

    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Gibbs" <randomnoise@...> wrote:
      > It appears there's enough support for a conference.

      Yes, there is interest. I am thinking to hold the conference in
      California, perhaps in San Francisco or San Jose.

      So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
      who will attend?
    • Ask Bjørn Hansen
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
        On Jul 8, 2008, at 10:37, Douglas Crockford wrote:

        > So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
        > who will attend?

        It really depends on more details of what sort of talks will be there.

        JSON itself is boring. Novel ways to use it are interesting.

        - ask

      • Matthew Morley
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
          Anything non-east coast mostly kills it for me, especially with the on going
          issues of air travel. But I know I'm in the minority here.

          Hopefully if something comes about, it'll be recorded and put online for
          those who cannot make it. : )

          --
          Matthew P. C. Morley

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
            I am thinking that we should invite presenters for these tracks:

            * Ajax Applications

            * Enterprise JSON

            * JSON Databases

            * Super JSON (formats and protocols that build on or diverge from JSON)

            * JSON and The Big Picture (Historical and Larger Technological Context)

            Should we plan on other categories?
          • Kris Zyp
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
              These look like good topics to me, but just some thoughts: Maybe "JSON on the web", to cover issues more specific to the JSON in the browser environment like security, (de-)serialization, and the ease of use of JSON in JS...

              Also maybe more descriptive, and less superlative: "Super JSON" -> "JSON-based formats and protocols"

              Kris

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 12, 2008
                I enjoyed the superlative. Why stuffy things up? The world is far
                too stuffy as it is.

              • rkmr.em@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                  what happened to this conference?
                  was this held?

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                    --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "rkmr.em@..." <rkmr.em@...> wrote:

                    > what happened to this conference?
                    > was this held?

                    It is still in the planning stage.
                  • Ric Johnson
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 3, 2008
                      Doug,

                      If you are looking for help or sponsors, please feel free to contact
                      me. As you know, I am VERY interested in supporting jsON. If you are
                      looking for technical, then I would ask you contact Kris Zyp, as he is
                      the real expert on http://jsOn.Com

                      Ric
                      OpenDomain