Re: JSON Conference

  • lhilaiel
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
      hi john,

      your server side implementation of JSONRequest combined with a js
      library that wrapped client side technologies (browserplus, gears,
      flash, etc) could perhaps make JSONRequest a reality in the short
      term... meet you at the conference?

      lloyd

      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Gibbs" <randomnoise@...> wrote:
        > It appears there's enough support for a conference.

        Yes, there is interest. I am thinking to hold the conference in
        California, perhaps in San Francisco or San Jose.

        So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
        who will attend?
      • Ask Bjørn Hansen
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
          On Jul 8, 2008, at 10:37, Douglas Crockford wrote:

          > So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
          > who will attend?

          It really depends on more details of what sort of talks will be there.

          JSON itself is boring. Novel ways to use it are interesting.

          - ask

        • Matthew Morley
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
            Anything non-east coast mostly kills it for me, especially with the on going
            issues of air travel. But I know I'm in the minority here.

            Hopefully if something comes about, it'll be recorded and put online for
            those who cannot make it. : )

            --
            Matthew P. C. Morley

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
              I am thinking that we should invite presenters for these tracks:

              * Ajax Applications

              * Enterprise JSON

              * JSON Databases

              * Super JSON (formats and protocols that build on or diverge from JSON)

              * JSON and The Big Picture (Historical and Larger Technological Context)

              Should we plan on other categories?
            • Kris Zyp
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
                These look like good topics to me, but just some thoughts: Maybe "JSON on the web", to cover issues more specific to the JSON in the browser environment like security, (de-)serialization, and the ease of use of JSON in JS...

                Also maybe more descriptive, and less superlative: "Super JSON" -> "JSON-based formats and protocols"

                Kris

                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 12, 2008
                  I enjoyed the superlative. Why stuffy things up? The world is far
                  too stuffy as it is.

                • rkmr.em@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                    what happened to this conference?
                    was this held?

                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "rkmr.em@..." <rkmr.em@...> wrote:

                      > what happened to this conference?
                      > was this held?

                      It is still in the planning stage.
                    • Ric Johnson
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 3, 2008
                        Doug,

                        If you are looking for help or sponsors, please feel free to contact
                        me. As you know, I am VERY interested in supporting jsON. If you are
                        looking for technical, then I would ask you contact Kris Zyp, as he is
                        the real expert on http://jsOn.Com

                        Ric
                        OpenDomain