Re: JSON Conference

  • lhilaiel
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
      I'd be interested in both attending and possibly presenting.

      > Would you be interested in attending and possibly presenting at a JSON
      > Conference? Is there broad enough interest in JSON to justify an event?

    • lhilaiel
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
        hi john,

        your server side implementation of JSONRequest combined with a js
        library that wrapped client side technologies (browserplus, gears,
        flash, etc) could perhaps make JSONRequest a reality in the short
        term... meet you at the conference?

        lloyd

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Gibbs" <randomnoise@...> wrote:
          > It appears there's enough support for a conference.

          Yes, there is interest. I am thinking to hold the conference in
          California, perhaps in San Francisco or San Jose.

          So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
          who will attend?
        • Ask Bjørn Hansen
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
            On Jul 8, 2008, at 10:37, Douglas Crockford wrote:

            > So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
            > who will attend?

            It really depends on more details of what sort of talks will be there.

            JSON itself is boring. Novel ways to use it are interesting.

            - ask

          • Matthew Morley
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
              Anything non-east coast mostly kills it for me, especially with the on going
              issues of air travel. But I know I'm in the minority here.

              Hopefully if something comes about, it'll be recorded and put online for
              those who cannot make it. : )

              --
              Matthew P. C. Morley

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
                I am thinking that we should invite presenters for these tracks:

                * Ajax Applications

                * Enterprise JSON

                * JSON Databases

                * Super JSON (formats and protocols that build on or diverge from JSON)

                * JSON and The Big Picture (Historical and Larger Technological Context)

                Should we plan on other categories?
              • Kris Zyp
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
                  These look like good topics to me, but just some thoughts: Maybe "JSON on the web", to cover issues more specific to the JSON in the browser environment like security, (de-)serialization, and the ease of use of JSON in JS...

                  Also maybe more descriptive, and less superlative: "Super JSON" -> "JSON-based formats and protocols"

                  Kris

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 12, 2008
                    I enjoyed the superlative. Why stuffy things up? The world is far
                    too stuffy as it is.

                  • rkmr.em@gmail.com
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                      what happened to this conference?
                      was this held?

                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "rkmr.em@..." <rkmr.em@...> wrote:

                        > what happened to this conference?
                        > was this held?

                        It is still in the planning stage.
                      • Ric Johnson
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 3, 2008
                          Doug,

                          If you are looking for help or sponsors, please feel free to contact
                          me. As you know, I am VERY interested in supporting jsON. If you are
                          looking for technical, then I would ask you contact Kris Zyp, as he is
                          the real expert on http://jsOn.Com

                          Ric
                          OpenDomain