Re: [json] JSON Conference

  • Phil Gibbs
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
      It appears there's enough support for a conference. If it materializes I'll do my best to attend. Good usage examples would be very useful.
      -------------- Original message from "Matthew Morley" <WickedLogic@...>: --------------

      I think there would be enough interest, and I would try to attend.

      A lot of us are using JSON in production today, so I think you would have to
      find interesting presentations on the topic to garner attendants. The
      downside of it being so simple to use, is that we are already using it in
      all sorts of places. It would really have to be about good usage examples
      and interesting roles for it. An online show case might serve the same goal,
      minus the face to face...

      --
      Matthew P. C. Morley

    • lhilaiel
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
        I'd be interested in both attending and possibly presenting.

        > Would you be interested in attending and possibly presenting at a JSON
        > Conference? Is there broad enough interest in JSON to justify an event?

      • lhilaiel
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
          hi john,

          your server side implementation of JSONRequest combined with a js
          library that wrapped client side technologies (browserplus, gears,
          flash, etc) could perhaps make JSONRequest a reality in the short
          term... meet you at the conference?

          lloyd

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
            --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Gibbs" <randomnoise@...> wrote:
            > It appears there's enough support for a conference.

            Yes, there is interest. I am thinking to hold the conference in
            California, perhaps in San Francisco or San Jose.

            So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
            who will attend?
          • Ask Bjørn Hansen
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
              On Jul 8, 2008, at 10:37, Douglas Crockford wrote:

              > So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
              > who will attend?

              It really depends on more details of what sort of talks will be there.

              JSON itself is boring. Novel ways to use it are interesting.

              - ask

            • Matthew Morley
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
                Anything non-east coast mostly kills it for me, especially with the on going
                issues of air travel. But I know I'm in the minority here.

                Hopefully if something comes about, it'll be recorded and put online for
                those who cannot make it. : )

                --
                Matthew P. C. Morley

                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
                  I am thinking that we should invite presenters for these tracks:

                  * Ajax Applications

                  * Enterprise JSON

                  * JSON Databases

                  * Super JSON (formats and protocols that build on or diverge from JSON)

                  * JSON and The Big Picture (Historical and Larger Technological Context)

                  Should we plan on other categories?
                • Kris Zyp
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
                    These look like good topics to me, but just some thoughts: Maybe "JSON on the web", to cover issues more specific to the JSON in the browser environment like security, (de-)serialization, and the ease of use of JSON in JS...

                    Also maybe more descriptive, and less superlative: "Super JSON" -> "JSON-based formats and protocols"

                    Kris

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 12, 2008
                      I enjoyed the superlative. Why stuffy things up? The world is far
                      too stuffy as it is.

                    • rkmr.em@gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                        what happened to this conference?
                        was this held?

                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "rkmr.em@..." <rkmr.em@...> wrote:

                          > what happened to this conference?
                          > was this held?

                          It is still in the planning stage.
                        • Ric Johnson
                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 3, 2008
                            Doug,

                            If you are looking for help or sponsors, please feel free to contact
                            me. As you know, I am VERY interested in supporting jsON. If you are
                            looking for technical, then I would ask you contact Kris Zyp, as he is
                            the real expert on http://jsOn.Com

                            Ric
                            OpenDomain