Re: JSON Conference

  • plexium_nerd
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
      I would be very interested. I love hearing about new applications and
      tools of JSON since it's my data transportation/storage of choice.

      > Would you be interested in attending and possibly presenting at a JSON
      > Conference? Is there broad enough interest in JSON to justify an event?

    • Phil Gibbs
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
        It appears there's enough support for a conference. If it materializes I'll do my best to attend. Good usage examples would be very useful.
        -------------- Original message from "Matthew Morley" <WickedLogic@...>: --------------

        I think there would be enough interest, and I would try to attend.

        A lot of us are using JSON in production today, so I think you would have to
        find interesting presentations on the topic to garner attendants. The
        downside of it being so simple to use, is that we are already using it in
        all sorts of places. It would really have to be about good usage examples
        and interesting roles for it. An online show case might serve the same goal,
        minus the face to face...

        --
        Matthew P. C. Morley

      • lhilaiel
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
          I'd be interested in both attending and possibly presenting.

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
            hi john,

            your server side implementation of JSONRequest combined with a js
            library that wrapped client side technologies (browserplus, gears,
            flash, etc) could perhaps make JSONRequest a reality in the short
            term... meet you at the conference?

            lloyd

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
              --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Gibbs" <randomnoise@...> wrote:
              > It appears there's enough support for a conference.

              Yes, there is interest. I am thinking to hold the conference in
              California, perhaps in San Francisco or San Jose.

              So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
              who will attend?
            • Ask Bjørn Hansen
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
                On Jul 8, 2008, at 10:37, Douglas Crockford wrote:

                > So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
                > who will attend?

                It really depends on more details of what sort of talks will be there.

                JSON itself is boring. Novel ways to use it are interesting.

                - ask

              • Matthew Morley
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
                  Anything non-east coast mostly kills it for me, especially with the on going
                  issues of air travel. But I know I'm in the minority here.

                  Hopefully if something comes about, it'll be recorded and put online for
                  those who cannot make it. : )

                  --
                  Matthew P. C. Morley

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
                    I am thinking that we should invite presenters for these tracks:

                    * Ajax Applications

                    * Enterprise JSON

                    * JSON Databases

                    * Super JSON (formats and protocols that build on or diverge from JSON)

                    * JSON and The Big Picture (Historical and Larger Technological Context)

                    Should we plan on other categories?
                  • Kris Zyp
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 11, 2008
                      These look like good topics to me, but just some thoughts: Maybe "JSON on the web", to cover issues more specific to the JSON in the browser environment like security, (de-)serialization, and the ease of use of JSON in JS...

                      Also maybe more descriptive, and less superlative: "Super JSON" -> "JSON-based formats and protocols"

                      Kris

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 12, 2008
                        I enjoyed the superlative. Why stuffy things up? The world is far
                        too stuffy as it is.

                      • rkmr.em@gmail.com
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                          what happened to this conference?
                          was this held?

                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                            --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "rkmr.em@..." <rkmr.em@...> wrote:

                            > what happened to this conference?
                            > was this held?

                            It is still in the planning stage.
                          • Ric Johnson
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 3, 2008
                              Doug,

                              If you are looking for help or sponsors, please feel free to contact
                              me. As you know, I am VERY interested in supporting jsON. If you are
                              looking for technical, then I would ask you contact Kris Zyp, as he is
                              the real expert on http://jsOn.Com

                              Ric
                              OpenDomain