Re: [json] JSON Conference

  • Matthew Morley
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8 2:30 AM
      I think there would be enough interest, and I would try to attend.

      A lot of us are using JSON in production today, so I think you would have to
      find interesting presentations on the topic to garner attendants. The
      downside of it being so simple to use, is that we are already using it in
      all sorts of places. It would really have to be about good usage examples
      and interesting roles for it. An online show case might serve the same goal,
      minus the face to face...

      --
      Matthew P. C. Morley

    • plexium_nerd
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 8 6:24 AM
        I would be very interested. I love hearing about new applications and
        tools of JSON since it's my data transportation/storage of choice.

        > Would you be interested in attending and possibly presenting at a JSON
        > Conference? Is there broad enough interest in JSON to justify an event?

      • Phil Gibbs

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 8 10:23 AM
            I'd be interested in both attending and possibly presenting.

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 8 10:27 AM
              hi john,

              your server side implementation of JSONRequest combined with a js
              library that wrapped client side technologies (browserplus, gears,
              flash, etc) could perhaps make JSONRequest a reality in the short
              term... meet you at the conference?

              lloyd

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 8 10:37 AM
                --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Gibbs" <randomnoise@...> wrote:
                > It appears there's enough support for a conference.

                Yes, there is interest. I am thinking to hold the conference in
                California, perhaps in San Francisco or San Jose.

                So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
                who will attend?
              • Ask Bjørn Hansen
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 8 7:56 PM
                  On Jul 8, 2008, at 10:37, Douglas Crockford wrote:

                  > So the planning begins. What is your estimate of the number of people
                  > who will attend?

                  It really depends on more details of what sort of talks will be there.

                  JSON itself is boring. Novel ways to use it are interesting.

                  - ask

                • Matthew Morley
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 9 7:21 AM
                    Anything non-east coast mostly kills it for me, especially with the on going
                    issues of air travel. But I know I'm in the minority here.

                    Hopefully if something comes about, it'll be recorded and put online for
                    those who cannot make it. : )

                    --
                    Matthew P. C. Morley

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 11 8:00 AM
                      I am thinking that we should invite presenters for these tracks:

                      * Ajax Applications

                      * Enterprise JSON

                      * JSON Databases

                      * Super JSON (formats and protocols that build on or diverge from JSON)

                      * JSON and The Big Picture (Historical and Larger Technological Context)

                      Should we plan on other categories?
                    • Kris Zyp
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 11 8:25 AM
                        These look like good topics to me, but just some thoughts: Maybe "JSON on the web", to cover issues more specific to the JSON in the browser environment like security, (de-)serialization, and the ease of use of JSON in JS...

                        Also maybe more descriptive, and less superlative: "Super JSON" -> "JSON-based formats and protocols"

                        Kris

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 12 1:37 PM
                          I enjoyed the superlative. Why stuffy things up? The world is far
                          too stuffy as it is.

                        • rkmr.em@gmail.com
                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                            what happened to this conference?
                            was this held?

                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 1, 2008
                              --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "rkmr.em@..." <rkmr.em@...> wrote:

                              > what happened to this conference?
                              > was this held?

                              It is still in the planning stage.
                            • Ric Johnson
                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 3, 2008
                                Doug,

                                If you are looking for help or sponsors, please feel free to contact
                                me. As you know, I am VERY interested in supporting jsON. If you are
                                looking for technical, then I would ask you contact Kris Zyp, as he is
                                the real expert on http://jsOn.Com

                                Ric
                                OpenDomain