json2.js

    Message 1 of 15 , May 25, 2008
      I have modified one of the regular expressions in the JSON.parse
      method to more reliably signal a syntax error in the case of a
      malformed \uHHHH string. No security exploit existed or was repaired
      by this change.

      http://json.org/json2.js
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 9 1:10 PM
        I added toJSON methods to Boolean, Number, and String. This makes
        simple type wrappers work correctly, so

        JSON.stringify(new String('string'))

        produce "string". If you don't use the type wrappers (and it is best
        that you don't) then you can delete those methods.
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
          I modified json2.js slightly to coexist more easily with native JSON
          libraries.

          http://www.JSON.org/json2.js
        • Lucas Smith
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
            Doug,

            Can you elaborate on the changes? Do you maintain the source in a
            VCS, or is it the responsibility of consumers to store copies locally
            to see diffs?

            Luke

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
              --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Lucas Smith <lsmith@...> wrote:
              > Can you elaborate on the changes?

              A JSON object is created if one doesn't exist.

              If the object does not have a stringify method, one is added.

              If the object does not have a parse method, one is added.
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 19, 2008
                I changed the stringify method's array test from

                if (typeof value.length === 'number' &&
                !value.propertyIsEnumerable('length')) {

                to the more reliable Miller device

                if (Object.prototype.toString.apply(value) === '[object Array]') {

                See http://blog.360.yahoo.com/douglascrockford?p=916
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 18, 2010
                  json2.js is now available on Github.

                  https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSON-js