Callback and content-type

  • benvanevery
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2008
      It is my understanding that requests to a web service specifying an
      output type of JSON should receive responses with the content-type
      "application/json".

      Is it also the case that requests to a web service specifying an
      output type of JSON _and_ additionally specifying a callback method
      method (with which to wrap the JSON) should receive responses with
      content-type "text/javascript"? If this is indeed the case, should
      not the output type specified by the request be "javascript"?

      If this is the incorrect forum for this discussion, please excuse me.