RE: [json] Sharing Java objects with JavaScript

  • Mark Ireland
    Message 1 of 12 , May 19, 2008
      Do you want to see if it works for ColdFusion?

      Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
      http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT

      Message 2 of 12 , May 19, 2008
        On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Phil <randomnoise@...> wrote:

        > I'm upgrading a web page so that it uses ajax. I'm pretty much done,
        > except for one thing. If I have a value determined in a servlet that I
        > need to use in JavaScript how can I use JSON to do this for me? EG; I'm
        > setting a value in the servlet that controls whether or not I build a
        > SELECT control in JavaScript using the DOM methods. How do I access
        > that value in the JS?

        Have you looked at DWR? It's not an explicit JSON solution, but it's almost
        certainly the most widely used library for integrating JavaScript on the
        client with Java on the server.

        http://getahead.org/dwr/

        > TIA...

      • Claudio D'angelo
        Message 3 of 12 , May 20, 2008
          By Gabriele

          Hi all,
          hi Tatu,
          ihepda told me you had problems to use jajb because of missing
          docs about annotation usage!

          I've just relesed a new pdf guide file concerning annotation usage,
          take a look here: http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

          Anyway I'm here for all your question about jajb usage.
          I hope jajb will be useful for all the community!

          Bye
          gabriele

          Message 4 of 12 , May 20, 2008
            On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Claudio D'angelo
            <claudio.dangelo@...> wrote:
            > By Gabriele
            >
            > Hi all,
            > hi Tatu,
            > ihepda told me you had problems to use jajb because of missing
            > docs about annotation usage!
            >
            > I've just relesed a new pdf guide file concerning annotation usage,
            > take a look here: http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html
            >
            > Anyway I'm here for all your question about jajb usage.
            > I hope jajb will be useful for all the community!

            Thank you for the update!

            -+ Tatu +-
          • Claudio D'angelo
            Message 5 of 12 , May 21, 2008
              What?
              Can you explain better?

              Thanks

              Mark Ireland ha scritto:

> [...]
              > > > It does not have bean-bindings, but I am hoping to be able to hook
              > > > Jackson parser to a framework.
              > > > That would be useful for my use case, which requires high performance,
              > > > and where Jackson's ultra-fast parsing is necessary, but where
              > > > convenience of true data binding would also come in handy. :-)
              > > >
              > > > -+ Tatu +-

              > Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
              > http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT
              > <http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT>

            • Mark Joseph
              Message 6 of 12 , May 21, 2008
                For anyone using C++ with JSON we have built
                a SAX like parser for JSON that also builds a DOM tree.
                It then allows our XPath 2.0 and XSLT 2.0 tools to
                directly
                access that data just like if it was XML. See the
                article below:

                http://www.p6r.com/articles/2008/05/06/xslt-and-xpath-for-json/

                Best,
                Mark

                -------------------------
                Mark Joseph, Ph.D.
                President and Secretary
                P6R, Inc.
                http://www.p6r.com
                408-205-0361
                Fax: 831-476-7490
                Skype: markjoseph_sc
                IM: (Yahoo) mjoseph8888
                (AIM) mjoseph8888
              • gabrielenegro
                Message 7 of 12 , May 22, 2008
                  Hi all,
                  I'm sorry for late, I had some problem to subscribe the group!

                  First (for tatu): I've released a pdf guide for annotation usage for
                  jajb, you can find it at http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html.
                  Anyway, now I'm here and I can help you all and answer to you question!

                  Please, alert me for each bugs you'll find, I'll try to solve them
                  immediatly.

                  Second (for akaidr4vr): I'm not sure about your question: do you want
                  to now if jajb can be integrated with cold fusion?