Re: [json] Sharing Java objects with JavaScript

  • Claudio D'angelo
    Message 1 of 12 , May 18, 2008
      Hi Tatu,
      you can found the documentation of JAJB in
      http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html (there is a link to pdf).
      In cc there is the project's owner.
      If the documentation is not complete please report it to Gabriele or me.

      JAJB permits to map json in javabean using 3 different ways: xml
      mapping, annotation and direct mapping. We have studied jajb to map
      (also) java classes that doesn't follow the javabean specification.
      I'm available (and I think Gabriele too) to help you with JAJB.

      JAJB depends by SAJ and DOMJson that they are 2 libraries to parse json
      (SAJ is like SAX).
      SAJ has a simple support for an old specification of json-schema that
      you can use to validate your json stream. Now we are working to
      implement another validation system in SAJ called json-vl (see
      http://jontools.sourceforge.net/).

      I and Gabriele works to use json in any data transmission system (web
      rich client and business2business) and we have needed of developers that
      supply feedbacks (this help ours projects that use this libraries).

      Claudio

      Tatu Saloranta ha scritto:

      > On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Claudio D'angelo
      > <claudio.dangelo@...
      > <mailto:claudio.dangelo%40lombardia-servizi.it>> wrote:
      >
      > Hi Claudio, I was wondering about this:
      >
      > > * You can also use the JAJB (http://jajb.sourceforg.net
      > <http://jajb.sourceforg.net>) that is a
      > > binding system between java and json. You can have in java your
      >
      > I have been looking for something like this (assuming it does what it
      > should be, i.e. like JAXB, but instead of XML, json). But the project
      > home page seems to be void of content. Do you know where I could learn
      > more about it?
      >
      > I have been thinking of writing such a binding framework myself, but
      > if a decent one exists, I wouldn't mind saving that time for something
      > else. :-)
      >
      > Also, related to the original question: there are many data binding
      > tools between Java and JSon.
      > In addition to ones mentioned, Jackson JSON processor (at
      > http://jackson.codehaus.org/ <http://jackson.codehaus.org/>) has
      > simple mappings from json to either
      > Java containers/primitives (List, Maps, Strings, Numbers, Booleans,
      > null), or to DOM-like node-based tree (JsonNode) with path access.
      > It does not have bean-bindings, but I am hoping to be able to hook
      > Jackson parser to a framework.
      > That would be useful for my use case, which requires high performance,
      > and where Jackson's ultra-fast parsing is necessary, but where
      > convenience of true data binding would also come in handy. :-)
      >
      > -+ Tatu +-

    • Mark Ireland
      Message 2 of 12 , May 19, 2008
        Do you want to see if it works for ColdFusion?

        Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
        http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT

        Message 3 of 12 , May 19, 2008
          On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Phil <randomnoise@...> wrote:

          > I'm upgrading a web page so that it uses ajax. I'm pretty much done,
          > except for one thing. If I have a value determined in a servlet that I
          > need to use in JavaScript how can I use JSON to do this for me? EG; I'm
          > setting a value in the servlet that controls whether or not I build a
          > SELECT control in JavaScript using the DOM methods. How do I access
          > that value in the JS?

          Have you looked at DWR? It's not an explicit JSON solution, but it's almost
          certainly the most widely used library for integrating JavaScript on the
          client with Java on the server.

          http://getahead.org/dwr/

          > TIA...

        • Claudio D'angelo
          Message 4 of 12 , May 20, 2008
            By Gabriele

            Hi all,
            hi Tatu,
            ihepda told me you had problems to use jajb because of missing
            docs about annotation usage!

            I've just relesed a new pdf guide file concerning annotation usage,
            take a look here: http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

            Anyway I'm here for all your question about jajb usage.
            I hope jajb will be useful for all the community!

            Bye
            gabriele

            Message 5 of 12 , May 20, 2008
              On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Claudio D'angelo
              <claudio.dangelo@...> wrote:
              > By Gabriele
              >
              > Hi all,
              > hi Tatu,
              > ihepda told me you had problems to use jajb because of missing
              > docs about annotation usage!
              >
              > I've just relesed a new pdf guide file concerning annotation usage,
              > take a look here: http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html
              >
              > Anyway I'm here for all your question about jajb usage.
              > I hope jajb will be useful for all the community!

              Thank you for the update!

              -+ Tatu +-
            • Claudio D'angelo
              Message 6 of 12 , May 21, 2008
                What?
                Can you explain better?

                Thanks

                Mark Ireland ha scritto:

> [...]
                > > > It does not have bean-bindings, but I am hoping to be able to hook
                > > > Jackson parser to a framework.
                > > > That would be useful for my use case, which requires high performance,
                > > > and where Jackson's ultra-fast parsing is necessary, but where
                > > > convenience of true data binding would also come in handy. :-)
                > > >
                > > > -+ Tatu +-

                > Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
                > http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT
                > <http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT>

              • Mark Joseph
                Message 7 of 12 , May 21, 2008
                  For anyone using C++ with JSON we have built
                  a SAX like parser for JSON that also builds a DOM tree.
                  It then allows our XPath 2.0 and XSLT 2.0 tools to
                  directly
                  access that data just like if it was XML. See the
                  article below:

                  http://www.p6r.com/articles/2008/05/06/xslt-and-xpath-for-json/

                  Best,
                  Mark

                  -------------------------
                  Mark Joseph, Ph.D.
                  President and Secretary
                  P6R, Inc.
                  http://www.p6r.com
                  408-205-0361
                  Fax: 831-476-7490
                  Skype: markjoseph_sc
                  IM: (Yahoo) mjoseph8888
                  (AIM) mjoseph8888
                • gabrielenegro
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 22, 2008
                    Hi all,
                    I'm sorry for late, I had some problem to subscribe the group!

                    First (for tatu): I've released a pdf guide for annotation usage for
                    jajb, you can find it at http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html.
                    Anyway, now I'm here and I can help you all and answer to you question!

                    Please, alert me for each bugs you'll find, I'll try to solve them
                    immediatly.

                    Second (for akaidr4vr): I'm not sure about your question: do you want
                    to now if jajb can be integrated with cold fusion?