Re: [json] Sharing Java objects with JavaScript

    Message 1 of 12 , May 16, 2008
      On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Claudio D'angelo
      <claudio.dangelo@...> wrote:

      Hi Claudio, I was wondering about this:

      > * You can also use the JAJB (http://jajb.sourceforg.net) that is a
      > binding system between java and json. You can have in java your

      I have been looking for something like this (assuming it does what it
      should be, i.e. like JAXB, but instead of XML, json). But the project
      home page seems to be void of content. Do you know where I could learn
      more about it?

      I have been thinking of writing such a binding framework myself, but
      if a decent one exists, I wouldn't mind saving that time for something
      else. :-)

      Also, related to the original question: there are many data binding
      tools between Java and JSon.
      In addition to ones mentioned, Jackson JSON processor (at
      http://jackson.codehaus.org/) has simple mappings from json to either
      Java containers/primitives (List, Maps, Strings, Numbers, Booleans,
      null), or to DOM-like node-based tree (JsonNode) with path access.
      It does not have bean-bindings, but I am hoping to be able to hook
      Jackson parser to a framework.
      That would be useful for my use case, which requires high performance,
      and where Jackson's ultra-fast parsing is necessary, but where
      convenience of true data binding would also come in handy. :-)

      -+ Tatu +-
    • Claudio D'angelo
      Message 2 of 12 , May 18, 2008
        Hi Tatu,
        you can found the documentation of JAJB in
        http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html (there is a link to pdf).
        In cc there is the project's owner.
        If the documentation is not complete please report it to Gabriele or me.

        JAJB permits to map json in javabean using 3 different ways: xml
        mapping, annotation and direct mapping. We have studied jajb to map
        (also) java classes that doesn't follow the javabean specification.
        I'm available (and I think Gabriele too) to help you with JAJB.

        JAJB depends by SAJ and DOMJson that they are 2 libraries to parse json
        (SAJ is like SAX).
        SAJ has a simple support for an old specification of json-schema that
        you can use to validate your json stream. Now we are working to
        implement another validation system in SAJ called json-vl (see
        http://jontools.sourceforge.net/).

        I and Gabriele works to use json in any data transmission system (web
        rich client and business2business) and we have needed of developers that
        supply feedbacks (this help ours projects that use this libraries).

        Claudio

        Tatu Saloranta ha scritto:

        > On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Claudio D'angelo
        > <claudio.dangelo@...
        > <mailto:claudio.dangelo%40lombardia-servizi.it>> wrote:
        >
        > Hi Claudio, I was wondering about this:
        >
        > > * You can also use the JAJB (http://jajb.sourceforg.net
        > <http://jajb.sourceforg.net>) that is a
        > > binding system between java and json. You can have in java your
        >
        > I have been looking for something like this (assuming it does what it
        > should be, i.e. like JAXB, but instead of XML, json). But the project
        > home page seems to be void of content. Do you know where I could learn
        > more about it?
        >
        > I have been thinking of writing such a binding framework myself, but
        > if a decent one exists, I wouldn't mind saving that time for something
        > else. :-)
        >
        > Also, related to the original question: there are many data binding
        > tools between Java and JSon.
        > In addition to ones mentioned, Jackson JSON processor (at
        > http://jackson.codehaus.org/ <http://jackson.codehaus.org/>) has
        > simple mappings from json to either
        > Java containers/primitives (List, Maps, Strings, Numbers, Booleans,
        > null), or to DOM-like node-based tree (JsonNode) with path access.
        > It does not have bean-bindings, but I am hoping to be able to hook
        > Jackson parser to a framework.
        > That would be useful for my use case, which requires high performance,
        > and where Jackson's ultra-fast parsing is necessary, but where
        > convenience of true data binding would also come in handy. :-)
        >
        > -+ Tatu +-

      • Mark Ireland
        Message 3 of 12 , May 19, 2008
          Do you want to see if it works for ColdFusion?

          Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
          http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT

          Message 4 of 12 , May 19, 2008
            On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Phil <randomnoise@...> wrote:

            > I'm upgrading a web page so that it uses ajax. I'm pretty much done,
            > except for one thing. If I have a value determined in a servlet that I
            > need to use in JavaScript how can I use JSON to do this for me? EG; I'm
            > setting a value in the servlet that controls whether or not I build a
            > SELECT control in JavaScript using the DOM methods. How do I access
            > that value in the JS?

            Have you looked at DWR? It's not an explicit JSON solution, but it's almost
            certainly the most widely used library for integrating JavaScript on the
            client with Java on the server.

            http://getahead.org/dwr/

            > TIA...

          • Claudio D'angelo
            Message 5 of 12 , May 20, 2008
              By Gabriele

              Hi all,
              hi Tatu,
              ihepda told me you had problems to use jajb because of missing
              docs about annotation usage!

              I've just relesed a new pdf guide file concerning annotation usage,
              take a look here: http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

              Anyway I'm here for all your question about jajb usage.
              I hope jajb will be useful for all the community!

              Bye
              gabriele

              Message 6 of 12 , May 20, 2008
                On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Claudio D'angelo
                <claudio.dangelo@...> wrote:
                > By Gabriele
                >
                > Hi all,
                > hi Tatu,
                > ihepda told me you had problems to use jajb because of missing
                > docs about annotation usage!
                >
                > I've just relesed a new pdf guide file concerning annotation usage,
                > take a look here: http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html
                >
                > Anyway I'm here for all your question about jajb usage.
                > I hope jajb will be useful for all the community!

                Thank you for the update!

                -+ Tatu +-
              • Claudio D'angelo
                Message 7 of 12 , May 21, 2008
                  What?
                  Can you explain better?

                  Thanks

                  Mark Ireland ha scritto:

> [...]
                  > > > It does not have bean-bindings, but I am hoping to be able to hook
                  > > > Jackson parser to a framework.
                  > > > That would be useful for my use case, which requires high performance,
                  > > > and where Jackson's ultra-fast parsing is necessary, but where
                  > > > convenience of true data binding would also come in handy. :-)
                  > > >
                  > > > -+ Tatu +-

                  > Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
                  > http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT
                  > <http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT>

                • Mark Joseph
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 21, 2008
                    For anyone using C++ with JSON we have built
                    a SAX like parser for JSON that also builds a DOM tree.
                    It then allows our XPath 2.0 and XSLT 2.0 tools to
                    directly
                    access that data just like if it was XML. See the
                    article below:

                    http://www.p6r.com/articles/2008/05/06/xslt-and-xpath-for-json/

                    Best,
                    Mark

                    -------------------------
                    Mark Joseph, Ph.D.
                    President and Secretary
                    P6R, Inc.
                    http://www.p6r.com
                    408-205-0361
                    Fax: 831-476-7490
                    Skype: markjoseph_sc
                    IM: (Yahoo) mjoseph8888
                    (AIM) mjoseph8888
                  • gabrielenegro
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 22, 2008
                      Hi all,
                      I'm sorry for late, I had some problem to subscribe the group!

                      First (for tatu): I've released a pdf guide for annotation usage for
                      jajb, you can find it at http://jajb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html.
                      Anyway, now I'm here and I can help you all and answer to you question!

                      Please, alert me for each bugs you'll find, I'll try to solve them
                      immediatly.

                      Second (for akaidr4vr): I'm not sure about your question: do you want
                      to now if jajb can be integrated with cold fusion?