939Re: JavaScript JSON parser without eval()

  • Greg Patnude
    Feb 7, 2008

      Doug Crockford's ORIGINAL json parser {circa 2005 or so} did NOT use
      the eval function -- it was a strict tokenizer / regex mechanism both
      for parsing a JSON string and for stringifying a JSON Object....

      I did NOT see the original on json.org -- perhaps Doug or someone
      else has an archived copy laying around --

      I have a modified copy I would be willing to share if you ask

      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Jesse Skinner <jesse@...> wrote:
      > Is anyone aware of a JSON parser written in JavaScript that doesn't
      > the eval() function at all, but instead just does the entire
      > using regular expressions and string functions?
      > I'm curious because I have a situation where I want to parse JSON
      > myself, but my code doesn't have access to eval() for security
      > (it's being run on a Facebook profile page).
      > Thanks,
      > Jesse
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic