904Re: [json] JSoda

    Nov 14, 2007
      On Nov 14, 2007 12:01 AM, Kyle Alan Hale <kylealanhale@...> wrote:

      > In my search for a convenient way to represent XHTML DOM elements, I
      > assembled some ideas of how to apply the native JavaScript objects to
      > the W3C DOM objects. I call this assembly of ideas JSoda.
      >
      > JSoda is JSON compliant <http://jsoda.info/JSoda+and+JSON> , so that a
      > DOM element represented as a JSoda object can be stored or transmitted
      > as JSON and utilize existing JSON solutions.

      I may be bit slow, but I am not sure I understand why you would want
      to wrap DOM within JSON?
      Why not deal with xml via DOM as is? And when transferring, let
      efficient xml generators/parsers take care of marshalling aspects?

      I do understand the interoperability aspects sometimes require one to
      use mappings to make things work (albeit inefficiently or awkwardly),
      but are there some other benefits?