84The State of JSON

    Aug 17, 2005
      JSON is been pretty much as it was when first proposed in 2002, except
      for two recent changes, both of which were motived by observation of
      usage.

      The first was support for numbers in E (or scientific) notion. A
      number of people pointed out this omission.

      The second was the realization that comments are not only not very
      useful, but are likely to be misused.

      I don't anticipate any further changes to JSON. The only additional
      feature I can foresee would be support for cyclical structures. This
      would not be possible in an ECMAScript subset, so the result would not
      be JSON.

      I think JSON is fine the way it is.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic