785JSON module for Perl - JSON::DWIW

  • regexman
    Apr 15, 2007
      I've recently released a JSON converter for Perl on CPAN called
      JSON::DWIW. Most of the work is done in C for speed. I have found it
      to be faster than JSON.pm or JSON::Syck. It currently assumes
      everything is in utf-8. I would appreciate any feedback you might have.

      DWIW stands for "Do What I Want", meaning Perl objects get output as
      their underlying data structures by default (except for Math::BigInt
      and Math::BigFloat objects, which are output as numbers). When
      converting to JSON, the module should only return an error if a string
      in the input data structure contains a bad utf-8 sequence. When
      converting from JSON, numbers that are too long for your platform get
      converted to Math::BigInt or Math::BigFloat objects, if you have those
      modules installed. Otherwise, the longer numbers get converted to
      strings to help prevent data loss.

      You can get the module from

      http://cpan.org/authors/id/D/DO/DOWENS/JSON-DWIW-0.07.tar.gz

      or

      http://perl.regexguy.com/dist/JSON-DWIW-0.07.tar.gz

      or you can install it by using CPAN.pm, e.g.,

      perl -MCPAN -e 'install JSON::DWIW'