724Re: SQL for JSON?

  • george.jempty
    Feb 10, 2007
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Morley" <WickedLogic@...> wrote:
      > If you are working in an environment where the JSON consumer is a web
      > browser, let the server do the heavy lifting and pass you the
      matches. If
      > you really need the local ability to search or are doing non-browser
      > exchanges, I am sure there exists generic functions to search
      through sets
      > of data and match criteria. The real question is which language you are
      > doing it in, and is it worth the overhead and complication.

      Baloney. The real question is the OP's original question: "Has anyone
      played with a way to find parts of a JSON structure like SQL?" This
      is not an unreasonable question: in fact its been considered by
      renowned Python/XML expert Uche Ogbuji; see
      http://copia.ogbuji.net/blog/2006-12-23/Why_JSON_v
      where he imagines "XQuery for JSON". By the way, a link to this very
      same article can be found at the bottom of json.org.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic