723Re: [json] SQL for JSON?

  • Matthew Morley
    Feb 10, 2007
      JSON is a data-interchange format, so unless your talking about building
      something that does a search through the raw strings, I'm pretty sure that
      doing a search through the native language equivalent would be faster.

      If you are working in an environment where the JSON consumer is a web
      browser, let the server do the heavy lifting and pass you the matches. If
      you really need the local ability to search or are doing non-browser
      exchanges, I am sure there exists generic functions to search through sets
      of data and match criteria. The real question is which language you are
      doing it in, and is it worth the overhead and complication.

      --
      Matthew P. C. Morley
      MPCM Technologies Inc.