555Re: [json] json.js

  • Peter Michaux
    Oct 29, 2006
      Hi Douglas,

      At first glance it looks like it was much easier to modify the old
      file so that it didn't affect any built in prototypes and brake for-in
      loops. Do you think that you would be able to make the old file still
      available also but with a comment about dates and modified so it
      doesn't change any prototypes? This way people like me can start using
      JSON in existing apps without braking their code. I am lucky I
      downloaded the old file before it disappeared!

      Peter

      > I revised json.js to clarify specification issues in the proposed
      > ECMAScript 4th Edition standard.
      >
      > It now encodes dates as formal ISO strings. By adding a custom
      > toJSONString method to a date object, other representations can be
      > obtained.
      >
      > Custom toJSONString methods can also be added to any object or array.
      >
      > http://www.json.org/json.js
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic