47Re: [json] AJAJ?

  • Michal Migurski
    Aug 7, 2005
      > Anyone using JSON as a replacement for XML in an AJAX-like project?
      >
      > A couple of years ago I used dynamic <script> elements to communicate
      > asynchronously with the server-side, but I did not specifically use
      > JSON for data exchage; I simply sent back JavaScript.
      >
      > Just wondering if anyone out there was using this type of method
      > rather
      > than XmlHttpRequest and XML.

      I am - it's so much nicer to use than XML. I've used "AJAJ" for a few
      client projects, and now I'm experimenting with JSON-RPC for a Free
      feed reading application I help maintain. It seems like a natural
      format to use with Flash as well, but Actionscript lacks an eval()
      statement so it would take some extra work to get up and running.

      I wonder if anyone has exposed a REST-style JSON API in preference to
      XML?

      On Aug 7, 2005, at 7:34 AM, F. Randall Farmer wrote:
      > It was interesting to hear someone else pronounce JSON who'd never
      > heard it when it was coined: Jay-Sawn instead of the original Jay-
      > sen. It was great to accedentally meet someone using it that isn't
      > at all connected to the early development.

      Funny, I've been pronouncing is Jay-Sawn this whole time. :)

      michal migurski- contact info, blog, and pgp key: