360Re: [json] Using JSON with eval in Javascript

  • MPCM
    May 26, 2006
      If you say just JSON, people will assume that you are talking about the
      current spec. I'm guessing most people use eval at least on the Javascript
      side.

      If you extend it, you've simple wandered away from the spec both in your
      encoding and possibly decoding to make it work. I'd worry more about what
      your doing with it, rather than what you get to call it. Calling it json vs.
      `json that I've extended` will only come up when you misrepresent what your
      using and it concerns others.

      --
      Matthew P. C. Morley
      MPCM Technologies Inc.