309json.parse returns false or error with valid strings on server-side JS

  • dnc_octopus
    Apr 5, 2006
      Hi.

      I'm trying to use json.parse on server-side javascript under IIS.
      This gives errors or returns false with "perfectly good" json strings.

      The process is to send a json.stringified text via ajax to a asp page.
      This in turn has an include of json.asp (with just <% %> added).

      I get the stringified text and pass it to JSON.parse. False is
      returned or an error saying the object does not support this method.

      Am I doing something wrong or json.js simply cannot by used by
      server-side IIS JScript?

      Thanks,
      Duarte
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic