205Re: Reference Implementations

    Jan 11, 2006
      > > A loose parser makes it easy to import such data
      > > into a JSON system.

      > So why doesn't the same argument fly for any JSON parser implementation,
      > including the JavaScript one that used to be indeed once liberal?

      I have been incrementally improving the speed of the JavaScript parser
      make it as fast as possible while still conforming to the standard. I
      believe that it does that.

      But it is just one possible implementation. If you want to write one
      that is bigger and slower that responds to non-JSON texts as well as
      JSON texts, you are certainly allowed to do so.

      > > JSON is a strict subset of...YAML

      > Can you absolutely confirm this? Is it true today? I have not seen
      > this claim anywhere.

      The statement is not true...yet. YAML has two productions in which
      spaces are significant where in JSON they are not. I hope they can
      resolve that soon.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic