1961Re: Stripping comments from JSON.

  • Dave Gamble
    May 26, 2013
      On Sunday, May 26, 2013, douglascrockford wrote:

      > **
      >

      > --- In json@yahoogroups.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
      > 'json%40yahoogroups.com');>, Dave Gamble <davegamble@...> wrote:
      > > Will be very appreciative of any thought/feedback on the matter. Sorry if
      > > this one has come up before and I've not seen the thread.
      >
      > Have you read the JSON RFC? http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt
      >
      > Of course. However, in the wild, there appears (and this may in fact not
      be the case, and the root of my confusion) to be consensus that parsers
      should "keep JSON pure", and reject comments.

      I understand that according to the RFC parsing comments natively is
      acceptable, but it seems to be generally frowned upon.

      Hence, I wondered whether a simple preprocessor might be best of both world.

      Cheers!

      Dave.