      From: json@yahoogroups.com [mailto:json@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      MPCM
      Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:03 PM
      To: json@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [json] Re: Comments

      I think the real crux of this is simply, you cannot create a json
      format string through encoding from existing data that would contain
      comments (IIRC). It is only from people creating a json format string
      by hand.

      It is a fairly weak argument that the standard should support
      something that is not going to be used by the majority of people and
      probably not in production, from an early version of the standard,
      especially given that there are other ways get the same information
      across using the current standard.

      If you want to block out sections of json for ease of testing, then
      comment out the properties of the objects you are encoding, not /**/
      in some hand edited string.

      If you want to include comments about an object, include it in a
      property of the object.

      If you feel a need to include very detailed breakdowns, write a spec
      for the object your passing, it shouldn't be in the data stream.

      Your suggestion on wording is really avoiding the issue of why it
      should remain when there are other workable alternatives, and
      suggesting that it remain part of the standard just because it was
      once thought to be useful.

      --
      Matt